www.softwaretestforum.dk Forum Index www.softwaretestforum.dk
Virtuelle netværks forum for dem som arbejder professionelt med QA og software test

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISTQB Advanced Level qualification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.softwaretestforum.dk Forum Index -> Konference, kursus, certificering, links, litteratur, næste erfa møde
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick Malden
Bruger på niveau 3
Bruger på niveau 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: ISTQB Advanced Level qualification Reply with quote

Hi,

Having done the Foundation course, I have naturally looked at what the next step is....namely ISTQB Advanced Level qualification. Being interested in the Test Manager module.

Would be good to hear a few words about it, or whether there is any alternative route other than this......

Would also be good to hear what people think once they have completed the new module(s).

/Nick
Steen Lerche-Jensen
Bruger på niveau 2
Bruger på niveau 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: ISTQB Advanced Level qualification Reply with quote

Hi Nick

First of all, I think it good for all parties that people do the certifications. It a good way for people who work with test to gets some carrier credits back. Within Project leadership they have done this for many many years. So in general I think it good with these certifications.

I think you should take the ISTQB Advanced Level road. The reason why it’s now split into smaller module is to make it more specific within a given area - like Test Management.

On top of ISTQB Advanced Level in Test Management you will soon be able to take an even higher Level – Expert Level in Test Management. We in ISTQB start the work on this now - actually last week.

Alternative Routes… ISEB which works under the British Computer Society (BCS) also have a similar route. But I think most people have agreed that we go the ISTQB way where software testing professionals from all over the world have come together in order to work out and define standardized contents for further education

hilsen
Steen
www.istqb-dk.com
Steen Lerche-Jensen
Bruger på niveau 2
Bruger på niveau 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Advanced Level Reply with quote

Vi vil i år komme Advanced Level certificering til
Test Manager
Test Analyst

Og så har vi skifte navn til www.test4pro.com

hilsen
steen
Steen Lerche-Jensen
Bruger på niveau 2
Bruger på niveau 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Reply with quote

Så er vi klar med Advanced Test Manager certificering.

Link til kursus: http://www.test4pro.com/home/istqb_advanced

Vi tilbyder dette i en pakke løsning, hvor du 4 uger før kurset får adgang til e-learning af hele pensum.

Hvorfor det ?

ISTQB Advanced Test Manager er et ganske indholdsrigt kursus, og på denne måde, så vil sandsynsligheden for at består øge kraftigt. Er der områder hvor du ikke føler dig helt på toppen, så kan du køre dem om og om igen.

Hilsen
Steen
www.test4pro.com
Nick Malden
Bruger på niveau 3
Bruger på niveau 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: ISTQB Advannced Test Manager Reply with quote

Hi Steen,

Thanks for the updates.

VH
Nick
Allan Tange

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: ISTQB Advanced Reply with quote

There are a few who offers the Advanced ISTQB level - Try also Mannaz, Delta and softwaretest.

The situation in this second is that the Danish version is not yet there, since Dansk IT is not ready...
The announced it in September but the exam questions is still a question mark.

I have taken the course and exam at Mannaz in English, but I would personal wait for the Danish exam until Dansk IT announce that they are ready, even some of the vendors offer the course in Danish rigth now..
Michael Andersen
Bruger på niveau 1
Bruger på niveau 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Status on Test Manager Advanced Level Reply with quote

Well, hold your horses... I tried to join this course in autumn 2008 only to be told it was postponed to 'early 2009'. My latest info is that there is a chance in May 2009, but it just *might* be postponed further ....to autumn 2009 Sad

Alledgedly it has to do with the exam (still) not being finalized.

Still, hope springs eternal..

regards

Michael
Nick Malden
Bruger på niveau 3
Bruger på niveau 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

when you say
Quote:
Allegedly it has to do with the exam not being finalized.

I am guessing this only refers to the danish version ? As there are many companies in the UK offering the exam now and at half the price being advertised here in DK. Of course the difference being the language being in english.....

Nick
Michael Andersen
Bruger på niveau 1
Bruger på niveau 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: ISTQB Advanced Level qualification Reply with quote

Hi Nick

Yes, I refer to the Danish course only.

regards

Michael
Michael Thomsen
Bruger på niveau 2
Bruger på niveau 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick.

It is hard, but achievable, to take the 'manager' as self study.

Read my experience in this topic:
http://www.softwaretestforum.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=422#422
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.softwaretestforum.dk Forum Index -> Konference, kursus, certificering, links, litteratur, næste erfa møde All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: